You can customise the screen colours and text sizes using the accessibility blue button at the top right of this page
Herts Vision Loss (formerly Herts Society for the Blind) exists to support the county’s estimated population of 38,900 people with sight loss in 2022 according to latest available data from RNIB. This number is set to rise to 45,800 by 2032, according to the Royal National Institute for the Blind. Our aim is to support any person, living in Hertfordshire with a significant sight impairment.
We are currently recruiting for four posts, part-time and full-time. Please see our Job Opportunities page. Trustee positions are also available.
We help reduce social isolation and loneliness by home visiting and befriending as well as through our social clubs
- We provide help, support and advice to patients and clinical staff at a number of low vision hospital eye clinics across the county.
- We have a dedicated Counselling Service.
- We provide coaching and training for those who come into contact with blind and visually impaired people whilst providing opportunities to help and support some of our younger working age clients back into the workplace.
- We also offer an advocacy service in partnership with Herts Help and support people in finding routes into employment or volunteering.
- We provide advice about specialist equipment, and we run a range of events across the county
- We have our Herts Vision Loss minibus and we take people on trips and outings.
Call 01707 324680
Mon - Thurs, 9:30 to 16:00
Herts Vision Loss have moved
We are thrilled to announce that Herts Vision Loss have moved to our new premises. Our new address is:
Welwyn Garden City
If you would like to contact the charity, please email email@example.com or call us non 01727 324680.
Information Focus Day
Professional Vision Services Exhibition
In conjunction with Herts Vision Loss at Professional Vision Services, 90 Walsworth Road, Hitchin SG4 9SX
Every Tuesday 9am to 5pm – Please call ahead 01462 420751
Come along to our low vision drop-in day, where we will be demonstrating all the latest technology and equipment for the visually impaired.
If you are unable to come, please call Giles on 07775 109534 for a catalogue or home demonstration.
Keep up to date on the goings-on at Herts Vision Loss by visiting our events page.