Herts Vision Loss has been chosen by the Co-op to receive donations from Community Fund. This is great news and a great opportunity for us to raise funds that will support our work.
Anybody can easily become a Co-op member with a £1 joining charge. By presenting your membership card when you shop Herts Vision Loss will receive 1% of whatever you spend. Members also receive 5% on their card to spend next time they buy Co-op products.
To automatically donate to us you must select us as your chosen charity in your Co-op membership account.
There are two easy routes for signing up as a Co-op member:
1) Join online by going to this web page: https://membership.coop.co.uk/new-registration
2) Once you have signed up you can choose Herts Vision Loss as your chosen charity.
3) If you are already a member you can sign in and add Herts Vision Loss as your chosen charity.
Or by phone and in person:
1) Go to any Co-op shop and buy a temporary membership card for £1.
2) Call the Co-op membership line on 0800 023 4708 and register your membership with the temporary card number. You can then nominate us as your charity.
Or: Call the membership line on 0800 023 4708 to join over the phone, you will have to type in your bank card details over the phone to pay the £1 joining fee.
To see how much has been raised for us so far you can click here: https://membership.coop.co.uk/causes/13494
Donations received will be used to pay for the “Cooking with Confidence” programme. This will offer cookery classes to visually impaired people in our area supporting them to sustain their independent living skills and increase confidence in the kitchen.
If you visit the three Co-op stores in Welwyn Garden City you may notice that they are supporting Herts Vision Loss as a named Co-op Community Fund charity. The stores are at Hall Grove, Shoplands and Cole Green Lane (Woodhall).
The Welwyn Garden City branch of Co-op Funeral Care is also supporting our cause. Using your membership card when making any purchase there also makes a 1% donation to us if we are your named cause. You can find their details online here: https://funeralcare.coop.co.uk/finder/welwyn-garden-city/AL7-4ST/1-southfield
The Co-op funding continues until the end of October 2018.
We are very grateful to the Co-op for supporting us and offering us this great opportunity to raise much needed funds.